Tuesday, February 26, 2008

After much ado...

Well folks, I am now a published author. Yes, I know that the difficulties of becoming one nowadays are WAY less complicated than in previous eras, but I still feel proud of myself. In this case, my first published work was actually not my own, but rather a translation of someone else's work. Some of you know that I had been working on it, and that we used the group that gathered at our house to proofread and edit it little by little.

It is Frank Viola's "Bethany"--or "Betania" in Spanish. I have to say that I feel very proud of myself :) I just wanted to share this with all of you out there who know me and have supported me. I'm definitely looking forward to publishing my own book later on in life... but now all I can concentrate on is that bothersome AP US History class. Gah. Uggh. Yes, soundeffects still are effective...

So, I figured if I was going to be proud of my work somewhere it would be here, in this semi-personal-and-yet-open-to-the-world online journal. Funny how things work. Cheerio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
SWEET! haha, wow that is so awesome! They actually published it eh? Man, that is SO going on your resume here in the states. Can't you just imagine the entry?
"-Translated a play into Spanish and got it published."
Oh, and then there's the fact that people will be putting you in their bibliographies when they write papers with Betania in them. :D
hurray!!
ok, sorry, still very jumping-up-and-down-y over here.
congrats! :)
:D
um... so i had something else to say- oh yeaH! stand strong ith APUSH! You'll get through it. and meanwhile, we can just rant at one another about it. :)
happy Wednesday!