Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rrradio Girona

Yours truly can now add a "Radio Interview" to her list of experiences. :) Yesterday I was interviewed (along with my mom) for one of the four Christian radio stations in Catalunya--and this one was the only one to do everything in Catalan. This past week there was a case against a couple down in southern Spain for child abuse against their son, because they were homeschooling him. Yeah, I know, hard to believe, right? But, even so, these parents are facing 3 years of prison and the custody of their son on a basis of "child abandonment." Now, this wasn't even your hard-core homeschooling program either--no! He had a tutor come in every day to teach him.

Strange place, Spain. What I really am curious to know is, not what did they do, but who did they tick off? That's usually how it goes here...

So, I went and gave my opinion on homeschooling, seeing as I have been both in the Spanish system, the American system, and now homeschooling on the Internet. Quite interesting. It was the first time I ever had to wear those giant headphones while speaking into the matching giant microphones.

Was I nervous? Well, I didn't sleep too well the night before, was fine while driving to the studio, then got these uncontrollable spasmodic shivers while talking. Go figure. Afterwards, though, I was cheery and care-free. :)


This is my little duck friend that I made at the lake :)

No comments: