Sunday, April 13, 2008

There and back again

Today my whole family decided to "get out of the house" and go somewhere. When we couldn't decide where to go, we all kept piping in ideas. Joseph's plan would have gotten us the farthest, seeing as his idea of a road trip was getting dressed, in the car, and then out to the entrance to our subdivision. He figured that the distance between our house and the entrance would give us enough time to decide.


Somehow or other, we ended up driving about 1 or 2 hours north, towards France. We lolled around the last town before actually entering France, and sat on the beach for the longest time. I almost learned how to make flat rocks skip on the surface of the water... then again, my record was two bounces, so I'm not so sure if I got any better :)

Then, just for fun, we crossed over the hill that separates Catalunya from Catalunya Nord (aka, France. But, JD, the sign ACTUALLY SAID, "Welcome to Catalunya Nord"--translation), and popped in to France, just because we could. I mean, who decided to leave on a Sunday afternoon on a random excursion and not stop by France? :)

Anyways, that was fun, had an interesting lunch, and remembered why I love the Catalan countryside so much. That deep sapphire blue water was just amazing!