Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sweet dreams

Seeing as I have SO much extra time on my hands (yes, that was a joke, and not a very good one at that, but it made me laugh at the dripping sarcasm embedded within that simple phrase), I have started a sort of psychological experiment on myself. Nothing strange, but I am interested in researching my subconscious mind. Specifically, my dreams. I've read up on the subject before (stages of sleep, types of dreams, etc.) and have cultivated a rare ability to not only be aware of my dreams while they're happening, but also feel their lingering presence after I wake up. I intend to change this somewhat, by actually being able to recall my dreams throughout the day. Being able to control my actions within a dream would be amazing too, but I'm planning on doing this one little step at a time.

Its extremely interesting to remember what I dreamed, write it down, then look for repetitions, or even causes of little incidents. I plan on trying different methods of dream recalling for a couple months, to see if its possible, and, to learn something from all of this.

Do not be alarmed, there shall be no mysticism or dream "interpretation." I am simply curious to determine if it is possible to bring the back of your mind to the front, in a way. And, oh my, I've had some really fun dreams before, and it would be nice to be able to turn my dreams into fun ones, wouldn't it? And being able to stop nightmares and change the plot of my dreams (yes, mine have plots), while dunking it all in a layer of creativity would be fascinating.

So, I shall let you all know how it ends up, but for now its a personal, sort of a dream journaling experiment, so I will not be posting the random details of it here. Take care everyone, and sweet dreams!

No comments: