Monday, December 17, 2007

A Blessing in Disguise?

Nothing tops off an extremely stressful week like a good, complete Internet breakdown. Thrilling, I assure all of you whom have never had to go through setting up a connection in Spain. They are neither helpful nor encouraging, and they make you have to pry little dribbles of information out of them, call by call. We ended up calling several times in a row, and connected with different people each time, just to see how different of a number they could give us.

Let's just say that I now find the "online" help section for the Internet providers as a cruel joke or a smack in the face. If my router has a red light flashing where it says "Internet" is is extremely unlikely that I'll be able to a) access your help section, or, if I somehow get there, b) find the right telephone numbers to call and the right people to pester before it flunks out on me again.

But, as Mom said--although I must admit here, that I think it was more of a diplomatic peace offering than personal conviction-- it was a blessing in disguise. How else could I have caught up with all my over-due Geometry homework, I ask you?

So now, I am good with Geometry, but the rest of it is screaming at me. We spent a very long, very stressful day that just leaves you raw emotionally. Now, how am I writing, this, you ask? Well, with a smile, 'please and thank you', and my fingers crossed real hard. I am no technological genius, but God blessed me today with the key to unlock it all. Praise the Lord for miracles! Seriously. You all know that I am usually cursing computers instead of healing them. :)

1 comment:

mandrews said...

How strangely ironic! My internet has been crap lately too. Either our router won't work for the desktop but my wireless will work... or the wireless won't work and the router will work on the desktop... I had to relinquish the use of my laptop for awhile until we can get all this figured out... I hate using computers with sticky keyboarddddddds...